We were honored to be featured on “The Personal Touch” with Toni Sulkowski, a Peters Township Cable TV Studio. Click the link below to see the interview about Watchful Shepherd and details about our Upcoming Fundraiser!
See our interview in the Almanac in early May 2020 discussing the concerns of underreporting of child abuse since the onset of COVID-19.
Observer-Reporter, “A Shepherd for Abused Children”
- A three-unit pilot program has grown into a national system with over 100 units in place in several states.
- E-mails have been received from all over the U.S. as well as from India, Australia, China and Botswana.
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, “Fayette CYS to Introduce Electronic Home Monitors”
- Fayette County now utilizes the monitoring system as an abuse deterrent and security promoter.
- CYS provides training to social service professionals and to local and state police officers.
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, “Projects Pilot Says Cause is Urgent”
- Lycos donated a ten-page website: www.watchful.org.
- Lycos adopted Watchful Shepherd as a charity. It has introduced the monitoring concept to agencies in Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
Allegheny News, “AUMC-Canonsburg’s Watchful Shepherd Aids Kids”
- The program unites local resources to protect at-risk children.
- Allegheny General Hospital is the first urban trauma center to adopt the monitoring program.
Pittsburgh Catholic, “The Watchful Shepherd – An Effective Deterrent to Child Abuse”
- The system provides the necessary feeling of safety to kids whom suffer physical, sexual, or emotional abuse.
Observer-Reporter, “End Abuse of Little Children”
- Watchful Shepherd is a voice for children who do not have a vote.
- The program has protected 600-700 children in Washington County, Pennsylvania.
Observer-Reporter, “Watchful Shepherd’s Flock Growing in U.S., Abroad”
- Watchful Shepherd helps to preserve the family unit.